This is a truly underrated app! Okay, maybe not literally since it has an average of 4.5/5 stars on the app store and most reviews are 5 stars. However it seems like no one in the tech podcasts that I listen to ever mention it, but they mention Snapseed often… Snapseed is cute, but I think Photogene2 is far superior!
Why is Photogene2 so awesome?
Well! These are the features that I use pretty much daily:
- Sharpen (has a default value that is usually pretty good)
- Levels (has an auto button that works well for most photos)
- Straighten (I don’t really use this daily, but it’s pretty handy sometimes)
- Export (to so many places! Including the camera roll, Facebook, Dropbox, and the ones I haven’t used yet Twitter, Flickr, FTP, Picasa, Tumblr, Evernote, and some other options too, including selecting multiple images and exporting in batch to those services!)
These features are also very cool:
- Information view — you can view the EXIF and edit the IPTC data for the image!
- Blur/centre focus
- Vintage filters/presets
- Black & White filters/presets
- Red eye retouching (and several other retouching tools)
- Text boxes and bubbles
And there’s also the new “clarity” adjustment, which I haven’t used much yet, and you can now save your own presets too.
There’s other filters that I enjoy in other apps (Diana and Country in Path are cool), but for most tasks Photogene2 is all I need. Easily worth 99c!
Luvved the photo app. Appreciate the review.
Been using many photo apps, but photogene is definitely the best one, thanks for the review Krist!