Since I haven’t posted much recently: Thirteen things I’ve been doing.
1. I’ve been playing with 3D modeling programs, Blender and Cinema 4D, and I’m going to install k-3D to see what that’s like. I’ve uploaded some of my creations on Deviant Art.
2. Karate has been going well. I now have my blue belt, I’ll probably be on that for a while. Hubby’s class that he’s teaching is going well, he’s an excellent teacher. On Mondays we’ve been going to our usual class and visiting some others. We visited Hornsby Dojo this Monday just gone, but unfortunately the sensei was away and the sempai (senior student/assistant teacher) was teaching the class. It was the worst I’ve ever been to! She didn’t take any care in her technique while up the front so she was essentially showing the white belts things that were incorrect. She hadn’t planned what she wanted to teach so she asked us. It’s nice to have a little bit of input but it’s really not our job to plan the class and just do what we want.
3. Uni work… I got 10.5/10 for a test a week or two ago, with that and the 11/10 I’m gradually making up for another test that I did poorly in. I don’t think the mark I get back tomorrow will be as good though.
4. Hubby and I finished watching Battlestar Galactica, the new series. It was a very dissatisfying ending to season three. I hope season four isn’t too far away
5. We’ve also been watching Heroes. It’s rather painful to end each episode, it’s not just a normal cliff-hanger, it’s a 24 style leave-you-hanging every episode. I really hope the final episode next week won’t end the way it’s supposed to, with the heroes not being able to change “destiny”.
6. Dr Who is so cool, yep we’ve been watching that too… you wonder how we get anything else done? I think the key is that we tend to watch things while we eat, so we’re already using that time anyway. 😛
7. I’m reading an article called Why Nerds Are Unpopular, it’s pretty interesting.
8. I catch the train twice every weekday for 45 minutes each way, sometimes an hour. I’m so tired of people speaking loudly on their mobile phones. I’ve just heard all about someone’s mother who’s being difficult, and last week I heard all about how a woman gave her new workplace her girlfriend’s bank account details. So her pay didn’t go into her own account and her partner has $1000 she can’t account for. How inappropriate, she was speaking at the top of her voice and called three different people and told them the story!
9. I’ve been so tired, I’m supposed to read papers for one of my uni classes, but I’m both tired and unmotivated.
10. I’ve thrown away nearly all my socks, they all had holes in the heels. I bought four new pairs, because I wouldn’t have many left if I didn’t. I don’t really like buying socks for some reason.
11. I’m a bit behind at work, I’m gradually catching up, I think. I’m a bit concerned because I have to take one more class next semester than I am this semester so I can’t imagine how I’ll get work done next semester. I think I’ll have to quit, I don’t like leaving jobs, but I also have things to do in the holidays that will prevent me from working, including COW Club.
12. I’m seeing my best friend tonight, we’re going out for a drink, or pancakes, or something. The weather is very average today, I hope we can find something good under cover, without too much walking in the rain.
13. Mother’s Day is this Sunday, we’re having Saturday dinner at Mother-in-Law’s and Yum Cha on Sunday with my Mum and family. So another big weekend!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Put your Thursday Thirteen link here.