Jesse is a very talented musician and I could listen to him sing all day (thanks to this podcast I have!). He describes the podcast as ridiculous and the weirdest podcast on the internet. I’m not sure if either of those are true, but it sure is unique.
Every podcast is a series of songs that are improvised: words and music off the top of Jesse’s head. It is some of the most amazing and genuine self-expression I have ever seen/heard/experienced.
At the risk of listing every episode, some of my favourite parts of the whole podcast so far include:
- Sweet Surprise, and Jettison in the episode jettison
- Love’s Like a Fire in dream
- the Bear Story in geppetto
- Grandmother’s Grave in warren bennis (starts around minute 29)
- mary oliver the whole episode! Genius idea to play poetry and sing in response.
- life finds a way also the whole episode
- Sound of Settling (cover of Death Cab for Cutie) in settling
Song names mostly made up by me, I don’t know if Jesse names the different sections.
If you like music check it out, and I hope you enjoy it 😄