Part of my favourite things (🌧🌹) series.
I have posted about apple and bacon pizza before, but I’m going to do it again, because I have recently rediscovered this recipe!
Maybe someday soon I’ll get a better photo! 😛
Apple & Bacon Pizza
- 2 pizza bases
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, diced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 handfuls pizza cheese
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 6 sage leaves, chiffonade
- 2 tbs rosemary, chopped
- salt & pepper
I use pre-made wholemeal pizza bases from the supermarket, but you can use whatever you want. If you make your own that will obviously increase preparation time.
Sage and rosemary are in the original recipe, but I often use whatever I have on-hand, or whatever I feel like; thyme, oregano, and basil all work well. The sage gets braised, but other herbs can be added in step 2.
If you don’t use wine and do use sage, add the sage at step 4 with a dash of water and take off the heat when wilted.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC
- Lightly brush, or spray, the pizza bases with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and rosemary
- Caramelize onion and spread on bases
- If your pizza base needs more than 10 min to cook, put it in the oven now for the time extra time it needs
- Sauté bacon until crisp
- Add wine and sage to pan, braise with bacon for 15 minutes
- drain on paper towel
- Sauté apple with olive oil until soft
- Top bases with apple, bacon, and cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes (or to your liking)
Hope you love it as much as I do!
Leave a Reply