A while ago I downloaded iGTD. I used it to put aside the things I’d rather be doing than studying for exams, so I could do them in the holidays. I also wanted to get used to the software before I started my rather busy year this year, in the hope that I might feel organised.
Before I downloaded iGTD I had a look around at the different software options:
- Omnifocus was announced, but not released – it came out last week. It looks nice, but a bit expensive for me.
- Things also looks good, but isn’t out yet.
- Actiontastic is there, but it’s hard to get a handle on what it’s like from the website (not much in the way of screenshots or documentation).
- Anxiety looks excellent, I’m not sure why I didn’t try it before. Now it’s only available for Leopard.
- iGTD is very popular and has lots of features. There’s some things that I don’t really like: I couldn’t decide on how to organise my “contexts”; the icons are quite loud and yellow – they seem a bit angry to me – which isn’t what getting-things-done should feel like.
- iGTD2 is coming out and looks great! Again, it’s only for Leopard.
I didn’t think I’d get left behind without Leopard so quickly!