It’s the 1st of October. Accordingly, I have made my blog a little pinker! The purpose of the pink this month is to raise awareness of breast cancer related issues, encourage support for research, and support breast cancer patients and their families.
For the start of this pink month cast your peepers over some of the things I posted last year.
- Mum’s Story — Mum shared her experience of breast cancer with us
- Seven year old memories — my own memories from when Mum had breast cancer.
- A Pocket Full of Sequins — this book of personal stories is still available from the National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Cancer is what now? — the biologists attempt to explain what cancer actually is for you!
- Lymphodema: not “all over” — Mum talks about one of the complications of breast tumor removal surgery
Check out the Pink for October website for articles, personal accounts, joining the effort and donating to good causes!
I know that there are a lot of causes out there. There’s a lot of horrible things in our world. If you don’t feel compelled to give money to breast cancer research, I understand. There’s a lot of scientific research going on into a whole lot of things and it’s pretty hard to consider one type of health (or mal-health) more important than another. However, please do take this opportunity to think about the disease and how it affects people and everyone connected with the people who get it. Spare a thought or prayer for them and what you might be able to do to help.