I haven’t gone in for any memes (I always hate that word, but note it’s pronounced “meems”, like “themes”, but with an M) for a while. However, since Pelf tagged me, and I’ve been writing a lot about techie things lately, I thought I’d honour her request with a bit about me.
- I really like quality free software (like you hadn’t noticed!). I’ve built my computer on it.
- I love denim jeans. In high school I usually wore low-rise flares, but these days I prefer wideleg style. At the moment I have two pairs in rotation: light blue, stretch denim, Just Jeans brand and dark blue Levis. I have others in the drawer that I don’t like as much.
- I love Sci Fi. I didn’t realise I was such a Sci Fi geek until it occurred to me that my favourite shows are Buffy, Angel, Stargate: SG1 and Atlantis, Dr Who, Firefly… Moonlight is ok, it has room for improvement, but I think if given the chance it could be cool (keeping in mind that Buffy was pretty cheesy in Season 1 too).
- I love CSS. Seriously, there’s a certain sense of relaxation and satisfaction I get from writing CSS. Still haven’t found my favourite way to organise the code though.
- Like Pelf, I don’t like shortening SMS and emails. I actually find it slightly offensive when people who should know better send crap emails (if you’re emailing me from around the web, then I’m not talking about you… referring more to Professors and professional-type people).
- My attention span seems to be getting shorter. Not talks, where you can engage with the speaker (sort of, even though you’re only sitting there) and absorb what they’re saying, but for videos, movies… Even eating lunch, I’d prefer to have my laptop or a book open; the food isn’t enough.
- I have no idea what I’m going to do next year, or even for the rest of my life. I know I don’t have to confine myself to one thing, but I need to take a step in some kind of direction… I have no idea what that is.
I don’t really like tagging people, so I’m not going too. However if you want to do one of these, please do, and leave a link. Also, leave a link if you’ve already done one; we can learn a bit more about you.